The path to your current location in our website is:
The rare books collection covers all aspects of knowledge but the core of the collection are materials relating to New Jersey. Some of the highlights of the collection include:
- Dana, James. Atlas of Zoophytes. Philadelphia. 1849. An almost complete set.
- Morse, Jedidiah. The American Geography. Elizabethtown. 1789. 8vo. The first American geography book.
- A collection of New Jersey session laws
- New Jersey. Legislature. Legislative Council. Journals, 1776-1799
- New Jersey. Legislature. Joint Meeting. Minutes, 1776-1799
- A collection of early broadsides
This is a non-circulating collection kept either in the vault or in a locked area, please ask the librarian to retrieve the item you need. You will need to show identification to view material from this collection. Photocopying may be available but varies according to the condition of the item.
New Jersey State Library, Level 4
Address: 185 West State St. (mailing address: PO Box 520), Trenton NJ 08625.
Telephone: 609-278-2640 x145
Librarian: Deborah Mercer