The path to your current location in our website is:
Visitors to the library have access to a wide variety of electronic databases; however, remote access to subscription databases is restricted to State Library authorized users: state employees and, unless otherwise noted, Thomas Edison staff and students. Authorized users needing a State Library access card, should complete the appropriate online registration form.
All users are expected to respect the intellectual property rights of licensed material. Failure to do so will result in loss of access.
- Search E-Journals available at the State Library.
eBooks on EBSCOhost
Over 15,000 nonfiction e-books are available in our eBooks on EBSCOhost collection. Remote access is restricted to state employees or Thomas Edison members. Most may be downloaded to your computer, or ereaders compatible with Adobe Digital Editions. See instructions for downloading to: Apple devices and Android devices.
Over 6,600 downloadable fiction and nonfiction e-books are available for State Library authorized users (state employees and Thomas Edison members) at eLibraryNJ. See compatible device information and download instructions for Android, iPad2, Kindle and Nook devices.
- Recently acquired eLibraryNJ ebooks.
- Search eLibraryNJ downloadable fiction e-books.
- Search eLibraryNJ downloadable nonfiction e-books.
Over 7,000 digital audio books are available for download from eLibraryNJ for State Library authorized users (state employees and Thomas Edison members). See compatible device information. We also maintain a small collection of audio books in CD format which are available for loan.
- Recently acquired eLibraryNJ downloadable audio books.
- Search eLibraryNJ downloadable fiction audio books.
- Search eLibraryNJ downloadable nonfiction audio books.
- View a list of CD audio book titles available for loan.
Questions and comments may be directed to Reference Services.