The path to your current location in our website is:
Getting a Library Card
Welcome to your gateway to New Jersey State Library resources.
New Jersey state employees and Thomas Edison State College staff, students and mentors may register or renew online:
- New Jersey state employee and Thomas Edison State College staff online borrower registration form
- Thomas Edison State College student online borrower registration form
- TESC mentor online borrower registration form
If you cannot access the forms, you may email us at email@example.com. Give us your name, telephone number, email address, home and office mailing addresses, and let us know that you want borrowing privileges. Your library card will be mailed to you within 2 business days. If renewing, you will keep your original card.
New Jersey residents, state college employees, college students attending school in New Jersey, and anyone employed in New Jersey:
Please apply for borrowing privileges in person at the State Library, which is located at 185 West State Street in Trenton, and present:
- Proof of New Jersey residency such as:
- A valid New Jersey driver's license with photo
- A current utility bill or lease for a New Jersey residence plus a photo ID
- Proof of New Jersey employment plus a valid driver's license with photo
- A valid New Jersey college ID or college library card and photo ID
Library cards are issued to those 17 years of age or older.
Please note that borrowed materials must be picked up in person at the State Library, and returned directly to us in person or by mail. However, the borrower is still responsible for any mailed returns that are not received by the library. If you do not live or work in the Trenton area, you may wish to consider borrowing from the State Library's collections through your local library's interlibrary loan service. Doing so will allow you to use your local library to pickup and return materials.
Non-residents, at least 17 years of age, may purchase a New Jersey State Library card for an annual fee of $100. Please apply for borrowing privileges in person at the State Library and present a current photo ID with your address.
Please note that borrowed materials must be picked up in person at the State Library, and returned directly to us in person or by mail. However, the borrower is still responsible for any mailed returns that are not received by the library.
If you need assistance, please contact Circulation at 609-278-2640 ext. 104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org