The path to your current location in our website is:
Finding Company Information
The following resources are helpful in researching information about companies and corporations.
Access our catalog here with the following suggested subject keywords:
- Directors of corporations - directories
When searching our catalog for New Jersey-related materials, use the New Jersey subject keyword index.
Directory of Corporate Affiliations of Major Corporations. Skokie, Ill. : National Register Pub. Co., 2010.
Call # R338.86025 D598 Reference Level 4
Standard & Poor's Register of Corporations, Directors and Executives; United States and Canada. New York, NY: Standard & Poors, 2009.
Call # R658.151 P823 Reference-Level 4
Business Periodical Index. Call #: R016.65 B979 Located on level 4
- annual reports
- business plans
- company information
Use to locate journal articles and essays:
- ABI/Inform Global
- Omnifile Full Text Select
- EbscoHost* – Choose by checking one or more of the following:
- Academic Search Complete
- Business Source Premier
- Regional Business News
- Master File Premier
- Newspaper Source
Use to locate Annual Reports:
Use to locate company information:
- Mergent Online
- Mergent WebReports
- Morningstar Investment Research Center
- New Jersey Business Records Service
- Reference USA Database Suite
Use to locate statistical information:
Other business databases:
Business Directory Information
To find a company's website enter the company name in your favorite search engine such as google or yahoo. Other options are:
- Corporate Information
- Research a company, a country's industry (with 30 industries and 65 countries from which to choose). Over 350,00 company profiles are indexed by their search engine including profiles in French and Spanish.
- Hoover's Online (subscription version) Hoover's Online (free version)
- Easy to read overviews of the world's companies are offered at this site. A brief company summary is available for free with the in depth company capsules available to subscribers (the Library is a subscriber). Information on company financials, officers, news and competitors is available along with information about personal investing.
- ReferenceUSA Remote access via JerseyClicks
- Search for information on 12 million U.S. businesses. This database can be searched by name, SIC code, yellow page heading, location, size, headquarters, subsidiary, branch, ticker symbol, executive and any combination of the above.
- Thomas Register of American Manufacturers
- Online access to more than 60,000 product service headings and over 150,000 companies plus links to online catalogs and supplier web sites. You must register to get access to information, but registration is free.
- Publicly owned companies with over $10 million in assets and over 500 shareholders must file statements and reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission. From 1994 onward.
- Annual Report Service
- Features 2292 annuals reports online from the Public Register's Annual Report Service
- Historical Annual Reports
- From the Lippincott Library, annual reports for 43 American companies in pdf format.
- Offers current market information (with a twenty minute delay), charts and historical quotes.
- Business Week Company Insight Center
- Find company information, financials, biographies and more on over 42,00 public companies and 322,000 private companies worldwide.
- Finding the value of old stock certificates
- Do my old stock certificates have any value? is a frequent reference question. This guide prepared by Investopedia outlines how to locate information about old stocks.
- Provides real-time quotes and other financial information for investors.
- Stock market news, quick quotes, market monitor, portfolio tracker, financial glossary and calculators and investment advice for different life stages.
- A business directory and search engine. The directory contains more that 25,000 categories and subcategories. In-depth and updated profiles on 58 industries and business news from the Financial Times, Industry Standard, Dow Jones and Reuters.
- Business Wire
- Business news information with a seven day archive. Search by day or by geographic region.
- Provides business news, stock quotes, and maintains lists of top companies.
- Google Finance
- News about public and private companies, mutual funds, and stocks.
- Yahoo Finance
- Stock market news, business news, stock research, investment information, and international business information.
New Jersey Business Information
- NJ Division of Revenue Business Services (Commercial Recording)
- Explains options for mail, over-the-counter, telephone and online access services.
- Business Gateway Services
- Access to the online services the Division of Revenue provides for business, including forms, filing instructions, tax information and status report look-ups (free and fee).
- New Jersey Business and Industry Association
- 17,000 member industry association which lobbies on behalf of New Jersey businesses and publishes the popular New Jersey Business magazine. This site includes a news center, issues impacting business, political action, events and programs and money saving benefits.
- Business Action Center
- Divided into sections such as starting your business, growing your business, financing and incentives, and licensing information, this site contains information, forms and contacts to do business in New Jersey.
Comments and questions may be directed to Reference Services.