The path to your current location in our website is:
Emergency Management - General Topics
- New Jersey Office of Emergency Managment
- The NJOEM page has emergency preparedness information for schools, government officials, businesses, special needs, and pets, as well as NJOEM programs and volunteer information.
- Animal Health - Disaster Preparedness (AVMA)
- The American Veterinary Medical Association provides links to their disaster preparedness publications, as well as animal disaster plans and resources by state. In New Jersey, the NJ Department of Agriculture is the state agency responsible for animals in disasters.
- Chemical Hazards Emergency Medical Management
- According to the description, this site will "enable first responders, first receivers, other healthcare providers, and planners to plan for, respond to, recover from, and mitigate the effects of mass-casualty incidents involving chemicals." There are main sections on the site for first responders, hospitals, and incident preparedness. Includes chemical identification guides, acute patient care guidelines and initial event activities.
- Disaster Information Management Research Center
- Provided by the National Library of Medicine to improve access to the nation's disaster information.
- Disasters - MedlinePlus
- MedlinePlus, from the National Library of Medicine, has a listing to find information on disasters of all types - terrorism, radiation emergencies, natural disasters, etc. Links to high-quality resources, which also link out to research article citations in PubMed.
- Emergency Preparedness and Response - CDC
- A comprehensive site from the Centers for Disease Contol. Sections include bioterrorism emergencies, chemical emergencies, radiation emergencies, mass casualties, natural disasters, and severe weather. Has an A-Z index of agents, diseases, and other threats.
- Get Disaster Information - FEMA
- Disaster information for all types of natural and man-made disasters is available on this site from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Tabs on the top of the page include "Plan Ahead", "Apply for Assistance", and "Recover and Rebuild". The "Plan Ahead" page has a link to "Mitigation Best Practices and Case Studies" which is searchable by region, type of hazard, and keyword, among other options.
See also Disaster Help from FEMA with information for people and businesses needing disaster recovery assistance.
- Get Prepared - American Red Cross
- Information on preparing for disasters of all types at home, school, work and community. Includes weather emergencies and terrorism.
- Radiation Event Medical Management (REMM)
- Information on all types of radiological emergencies including dirty bombs, nuclear power plant accidents, nuclear explosions, and transportation accidents involving radiation. Other information includes initial event activities, information for health responders, patient management, and tools and guidelines. Designed for disaster response professionals.
- Safety Issues - MedlinePlus
- MedlinePlus, from the National Library of Medicine, has a listing to find information on many safety topics. Includes auto safety, child safety, drug safety, food safety, occupational health, poisoning, and many others. Links to high-quality resources, which also link out to research article citations in PubMed.
- Special Populations - Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
- Special populations includes disabled, visually impaired, hearing impaired, seniors, children, and more. From the National Library of Medicine.
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Information in both English and Spanish on a variety of safety related topics including bicycle safety, children's furniture, fire safety, holiday safety, poisoning prevention, and toy safety.
- Veterinary - Disaster Response and Preparedness
- A collection of full text articles of the American Veterinary Medical Association compiled from their journal. Topics include the veterinarian's role in preparedness and response, and search and rescue dogs.