The path to your current location in our website is:
Elections and Voting
Directories and handbooks of election and voting information as well as web sites.
Access our catalog here with the following suggested subject keywords:
- Election districts
- Campaign funds
When searching our catalog for New Jersey-related materials, use the New Jersey subject keyword index.
American Presidential Campaigns and Elections, Armonk, NY: Sharpe Reference, 2003.
Call #R324.973 A513: —Reference, Level 4
Congressional Districts in the 2000s: a Portrait of America, Washington, DC: CQ Press, 2003.
Call #R328.73 C748 —Reference, Level 4
Congressional Quarterly's Politics in America, 1989-, Washington, DC: Congressional Quarterly Press, 1989-.
Call #R328.0973 C749—Reference, Level 4
Elections A to Z, 3rd ed, Benenson, Bob, Washington, DC: CQ Press, 2008.
Call #R328.0973 M822 2008—Reference, Level 4
Guide to U.S. Elections, 4th ed. Washington, DC: CQ Press, 2001.
Call #R328.973 C747g 2001 —Reference, Level 4
Use to locate government information:
- ProQuest Congressional
- Campaign finance, congressional sites, political parties, news organizations, universities.
- LexisNexis State Capitol
- State issues, newspapers, legislative information.
- ProQuest Statistical Insight
- Indexes and links: Government agencies, government services, university sites, and non-government services.
- Compendia of sites providing election information including media sites, public interest groups, political parties, campaign finance, election statistics and archives.
- Election Statistics
- Since 1920, the Clerk of the House has collected and published the official vote counts for federal elections from the official sources among the various states and territories.
- Federal Election Commission
- Source of information on federal and state election laws, voting procedures, systems and results. Includes campaign finance reports and data.
- Project Vote Smart
- Tracks over 37,000 candidates with biographies, campaign finance, issues, records, and special interest evaluations. Also tracks congressional legislation and provides access information to state government, ballot measures, voter registration information and more. Includes an interactive index by zip code and candidate name for local candidates.
- Two informative sites, the Census Bureau Redistricting Site and the National Conference of State Legislatures.
Comments and questions may be directed to the U.S. Documents Office.